[arch-general] KDE and plasma-desktop CPU usage

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Sat Aug 11 12:23:05 EDT 2012

On Saturday 11 Aug 2012 5:59:58 PM Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 19:40 +0530, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> > Google is not much of help. Any suggestions before I report the bug
> > upstream?
> "pacman -Rdd phonon-gstreamer
> pacman -S phonon-vlc" -
>
> https://www.google.de/search?q=plasma%20desktop%20100%25%
> 20cpu&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
> &source=hp&channel=np

Not required. I solved it shortly after the post.

I was poking around and noticed that $HOME/.kde4/share/config did not have any
plasma related file. So I copied following files from my desktop machine

plasma-appletsrc
plasma-desktop-appletsrc
plasma-desktoprc
plasmarc
plasma-windowed-appletsrc

And now I have a functioning KDE desktop in 300MB RAM :)

I am going to reproduce this again and report a bug upstream.

--
Regards
 Shridhar