[arch-general] Why is scribus installing gimp-light-2.6.11?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Aug 11 18:29:46 EDT 2012

On 08/10/2012 02:25 AM, Rashif Ray Rahman wrote:
> I can't believe this. You are an Arch user and it never occurred to
> you that you should go check with a pacman -Ss gimp-light, and then
> when there is no result, check the AUR? How about a pacman -Si
> scribus?

Believe it.

  Here, the issue isn't "can't you check", the issue is "why did scribus attempt
to satisfy a dependency with gimp-light?" That is why I posted the question. I
had never seen pacman attempt to satisfy and dependency with a non-existent or
aur package before. But it did. The lack of a gimp-light caused pacman to fail
to upgrade anything. Thus, the post. The questions wasn't "why isn't gimp-light
in the repos?" or "Is AUR the only place for gimp-light?", the question was
"why/how is scribus looking for it in the first place?"

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.