[arch-general] OT: [arch-dev-public] polkit package upgrade patch

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Sat Aug 11 18:33:31 EDT 2012

On 08/11/2012 06:15 PM, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
>> So imagine the average desktop user who gets five or so of
>> them:
>>
>> - one provided by the application (player or something)
>> - one provided by PA or similar,
>> - probably two by the soundcard mixer,
> PA combines these three into one. So the non-audio-engineer user
> should have a lot bigger chance of not messing things up with PA
> compared to with pure ALSA (where you do have to fiddle with all the
> mixers and the application mixer on top).  Sorry if this was what you
> were trying to point out.
>
> -t

As a non-audio-engineer trying to adjust the sound level in vlc PA keep
messing up my sound level (going to full 100%) any time I tried to
adjust it.
Just ask my wife for conformation as she didn't like the 100% volume
every time I adjusted the sound level in vlc or xmms etc.
So try to adjust the volume I did.....but wait I'll get it right this
time....Turn the damn thing down!!!! She screamed.
Ok just let me..... TURN THE DAMN THING OFF!!!

Removed PA and only using ALSA equals working properly. As a bonus there
is peace in the house ;)