[arch-general] OT: [arch-dev-public] polkit package upgrade patch

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Aug 13 14:46:02 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 19:53 +0200, "Jérôme M. Berger" wrote:
>         Two points:
>
> - You don't readjust the master continuously, but you don't
> add/remove sources on the fly either. You adjust the master in the
> beginning when you setup your system, but the reason you can do that
> is because you know exactly what sources you will have and what
> kinds of levels those sources generate.

That's "more "more"" or less true. But regarding to PA, PA can't have
all this information ;). Yep, it's your argument, that what PA does is
correct.
You aren't completely wrong. I still vote for "headroom" and a classical
analog style. Or much better "self responsibility", sorry, I couldn't
resist. Use jackd, read the ffffffffff manual and control audio streams
yourself. Automation always tends to fail.

YMMV!
Ralf