[arch-general] Lennart Poettering on udev-systemd

Anthony ''Ishpeck'' Tedjamulia archlinux at ishpeck.net
Thu Aug 9 16:27:59 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 03:32:42PM +0200, Thomas B?chler wrote:
> And you don't want systemd because you are sure it won't do what
> sysvinit can, even though you didn't try it.

I think the complaint here is that the switch itself is a problem.

I think he made it rather clear that he's not criticizing systemd
itself but the notion of forcing a switch.

I've been bellowing to local linux user groups and friends that
sysvinit needs to go for years but I understand the general
resistance:  Every change -- even the especially good and worthy
ones -- requires effort.  For some, that's too much.

> Arch's policy on systemd vs. initscripts has not even been discussed
> among Arch developers yet...

This is really all that needed to be said.