[arch-general] Lennart Poettering on udev-systemd

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:51:29 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 14 Aug 2012 14:59:43 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 13:45 +0100, Paul Gideon Dann wrote:
> > and easier for most users to maintain
>
> USERS? I'm a stupid user. I guess you're talking about experts. For
> "USERS" it's hard to follow changes every half year. We stupid users
> simply want to use the computer. We are willing to learn, but we won't
> start from the beginning, every half year.

Cool, so once you're set up with systemd, you should find it easier to work
with.  As for change, I'm afraid that's inevitable in ArchLinux, because it's
intended to be a cutting-edge distro.  If you don't like the change, you
really need to consider switching to something less hands-on.  I hear that
OpenSUSE Tumbleweed is a viable rolling-release option.  And I think Mint
Debian Edition is also rolling-release?

Paul