[arch-general] Lennart Poettering on udev-systemd

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Aug 14 11:24:01 EDT 2012

On 14 August 2012 16:05, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 10:55 -0400, Baho Utot wrote:
>>
>> Lennart Poettering by his own submission stated that he wanted udev as
>> part of systemd and that he doesn't care about any other init system
>> that would use udev.  As with Lennart it seems as it's my way or the
>> highway...which indeed is the problem.
>
> Mailman archives! IIRC Heiko mentioned that there are more disputes
> about Lennart Poettering and his software on ALL mailing lists, than
> about anything else.
>
> Why is it like that?

Because the whole subject has been accumulating emotions for months.
Check this year-old review by  Juliusz Chroboczek [1] followed
by Lennart's response [2] and bumped and summarised by (e.g. [3])

[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/453004/
[2] http://lwn.net/Articles/453016/
[3] http://lwn.net/Articles/452865/

Best regards,