[arch-general] Update on Trinity - 2 versions available R14 and 3.5.13-sru

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:52:47 EDT 2012

On 08/05/2012 11:03 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> All,
>
>   There have been a few noteworthy developments with the Trinity project for
> Arch. There will be essentially 2 versions available. The primary focus of the
> project is currently on TDE 14.0.0 (R14) which is TQt3 based and due to
> executable renaming, it can be installed along side kde4 without conflict. As
> R14 development went forward, new updates have been continually backported to
> the stable 3.5.13 branch of the GIT tree. This has resulted in a completely
> updated branch of TDE 3.5.13 code which is still Qt3 based and retains all
> backwards compatibility with KDE 3.5.10. This TDE branch is referred to as
> (3.5.13-sru).

TDE has been updated for cups >= 1.6 and ffmpeg 0.11. Server space has been
graciously obtained from Axilleas Pi. Final builds of the 3.5.13-sru binaries
are underway. R14 builds will start thereafter. I will upload binaries and
provide a link to the repo within the next couple of days (once I figure out the
upload process - and have time to test a couple of tdm (kdm) changes to kdmrc
generation ) I'll provide install notes at that time.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.