[arch-general] Lennart Poettering on udev-systemd

Anthony ''Ishpeck'' Tedjamulia archlinux at ishpeck.net
Tue Aug 14 11:57:03 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:30:50AM -0400, Brandon Watkins wrote:
> Also, I will state once again that I think people are
> highly exaggerating the "difficulty" of transitioning an arch install to
> systemd, its quite simple.

It sounds like you're trying to turn peoples' subjective preferences
into an objective discussion.

Most of the complaints I see are "I've used it. I hate it.  I don't
want to use it again."

You disagree.  That's great.  Discussion is healthy.  It's also important
to know that there are a lot of people in this community with a lot at
stake.  The were attracted to arch for a reason and, however annoying the
bitching may get, they are making it clear what those reasons were.

Not saying you should care.  Just saying their behavior is inevitable and
you might find a little more joy in life if you understood these
complaints for what they are.