[arch-general] Lennart Poettering on udev-systemd

Paul Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:59:56 EDT 2012

Are you talking about the willingness of the Linux community in general to go through tough technical transitions for the sake of progress? If so, I'd say that's one of the big things that makes Linux so successful, and Windows so slow to improve. There are always the distros with LTS releases for those that can't risk breakage.

Baho Utot <baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:

On 08/14/2012 09:58 AM, Calvin Morrison wrote:

[putolin]

> When did offering an opposing opinion to what ever is popular become
> tolling? what is this? /r/politics? I frankly have seen arguments both
> ways for systemd and initscripts, and the fact that many users do not
> want to switch is enough for me to say "ok then let's not switch". the
> GNU/Linux community seems to have this jump ship mentality which is
> really annoying.

Thank you