[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Migration to systemd

Calvin Morrison mutantturkey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 12:25:46 EDT 2012

On 14 August 2012 12:20, Brandon Watkins <bwat47 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I remember seeing the comparisons against SysV  but not at all against
>> upstart or OpenRC
>>
> Comparison of systemd features vs upstart and sysv: note this is from
> lennart's site...
> http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/why.html

This table looks like a bad advert "only our product includes all of
the features". of course I'm sure he made sure to only include those
ones that were yes for systemd... and quite a few are BS. one "yes" is
a graphical UI... sigh.

One thing about upstart I like is that it has good documentation, a
good development team, is also being adopted readily, and has good
unit testing in place. It also has a clear development direction.

Calvin