[arch-general] old rc.sysinit?

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 18:29:01 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thank you. I'm trying to understand which one-time tasks must be performed on
>> initialization, and how. I have no problem with current defaults, but

> understanding, then most can be ignored. Note that booting with
> init=/bin/bash works just fine, so that's how I would start in order
> to understand the how things work (and then try doing whatever
> rc.sysinit does manually).

I already have a more precise idea of what I need (s6 for process 1, zombie
reaping and service supervising, etc), but I lack more detailed knowledge
about the one-time initialization tasks. Of course, personalized init scripts
can be much simpler than the init scripts of a distribution, which must take
into account all kinds of possible scenarios.

> The commit that Matthew pointed to is the right one as far as I remember.

Yes, that's it. Thanks, everyone.

J.