[arch-general] systemd virtual terminals

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Wed Aug 15 15:13:27 EDT 2012

On 08/15/2012 11:44 AM, Spyros Papageorgiou wrote:
> If i had to guess, i would say, it sounds like something(some
> files) got corrupted due to the power outage. Don't know how you
> would go about fixing that. Maybe reinstall linux linux-utils
> systemd systemd-tools.

I think you meant util-linux, and fortunately pacman makes this
ridiculously painless to do. I tried reinstalling these packages, but
nothing has changed.

Nonetheless, I think you may well be right about the power outage
being the cause: my laptop, which I was afraid to reboot because it
was my only functioning linux graphical environment, seems to have
been unaffected (it, of course, has its own battery backup). I may be
wrong here if there is a relevant difference between the 64-bit and
32-bit packages (the laptop is 32-bit).

> On 15 August 2012 21:36, David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
> wrote:

=-Jameson

> Oh, and by the way (as in perhaps this is more relevant than I
> realize), the system still comes up under traditional init, so I'm
> using that for the moment, though I had to switch to Cinnamon for
> the graphical environment (neither XFCE nor Gnome would start; I
> didn't try Cinnamon 2 or whatever the other Cinnamon is).

- --
David Benfell
benfell at parts-unknown.org