[arch-general] Personal note

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 15:51:34 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Karol Blazewicz
> <karol.blazewicz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> As most devs have done already, I'm going to change my relationship
>>> with arch-general.
>>
>> What is the preferred way to contact you or other devs with questions
>> or suggestions (better wording for an announcement etc.)?
>
> We don't currently have a satisfactory answer to this question.
> Hopefully a solution will present itself soon, I know people are
> discussing the problem. After all, we DO want useful feedback, and
> there IS really good feedback inbeetween all the rest.
>
> I guess important stuff should still be picked up by someone,
> alternatively you could cc the relevant dev (who e.g. wrote the news
> item, etc.).

You know I have been watching this really destructive war of attrition
on this list for quite some time - and it is reminiscent of the long
flame wars that occurred on the Fedora general list that led me to
unsubscribe from the Fedora list and start looking at Arch as the
distribution for my laptops.

It was such a pleasure to see sensible posts and great and helpful
replies on the arch list when I first subscribed to them. It only
takes a few very argumentative individuals to destroy the civilised
structure of such a mailing list and I hope that calm and good sense
can return to the lists so that people can read and post good
constructive discussions and move forward instead of backwards.

I have grown to value so much that happens in arch, and the sensible
approach to the way arch delivers its packages - I really hope that
this can continue without big rifts between a few players.

Arch has become one of the big distributions - hopefully it will
continue to be so.

--
mike c