[arch-general] Personal note

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Aug 15 17:50:08 EDT 2012

   Tom please stay engaged with user community. May I suggest instead
the creation of a new list (something like):

	arch-users-technical

    with very, very low tolerance for non-technical (flame) posts -
simply ban anyone who violates the rules.

   I try to help where I can - such as testing the things in testing
repo and trying to keep up to date with LKML and sharing tidbits where
relevant (e.g. iproute2 fix).

   Let's leave arch-general as therapeutic outlet for the flamers. Or,
alternatively,  just leave arch-general - and adjust as above (banning
those who engage in inappropriate posts).

> On 08/15/2012 03:51 PM, mike cloaked wrote:
> on this list for quite some time - and it is reminiscent of the long
> flame wars that occurred on the Fedora general list that led me to

   I too left fedora no too long ago to join the Arch family (was a user
since Red Hat 3) and truly enjoy the calm, technical, polite and focused
discussions on arch.

   The Rolling release model is near perfect ... and Arch people are
truly knowledgeable and friendly. And, with some small exceptions,
polite and helpful.

   I am slowly moving all my installs to Arch ...

   You guys are great - don't let the small number of noisy ones destroy it.

   Gene

P.S. I cc'd you directly Tom, in you have already left arch-general -
hope that's ok.