[arch-general] Arch-general is becoming a mess !

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 21:06:42 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Denis A. Altoé Falqueto
<denisfalqueto at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 16 Aug 2012 04:57, "set" <nmset at netcourrier.com> wrote:
>>> Aren't there any moderators who can kick off trouble makers ?
>>>
>> That's not how MLs work. Unfortunately
>
> I think there are list management software that can allows moderation
> But there should be someone willing to cope with that boring task of
> being the gate keeper.
>
> I really think that we should ban peopple more often (if there was a
> temporary ban, even better).

We already have a moderated channel. Its called the Arch forums
(bbs.archlinux.org). Unfortunately the SNR there is worse than here
(speaking as a mod), at least prior to this systemd/LP stuff.

Advantages of forums - at least 3 of those posting here on the ML
would have been given a short holiday for type of post.

Disadvantage - to put it bluntly, too many clueless users. Not that it
seems the ML is any different these last few days.

Choose your poison.