[arch-general] Arch-general is becoming a mess !

Thomas Rand tom at tomsbox.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 01:59:18 EDT 2012

On 16 August 2012 06:53, Jeremiah Dodds <jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Denis A. Altoé Falqueto
>> <denisfalqueto at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think there are list management software that can allows moderation
>>> But there should be someone willing to cope with that boring task of
>>> being the gate keeper.
>>>
>>> I really think that we should ban peopple more often (if there was a
>>> temporary ban, even better).
>>
>> We already have a moderated channel. Its called the Arch forums
>> (bbs.archlinux.org). Unfortunately the SNR there is worse than here
>> (speaking as a mod), at least prior to this systemd/LP stuff.
>>
>> Advantages of forums - at least 3 of those posting here on the ML
>> would have been given a short holiday for type of post.
>>
>> Disadvantage - to put it bluntly, too many clueless users. Not that it
>> seems the ML is any different these last few days.
>>
>> Choose your poison.
>
> I tend to prefer systems that provide mailing lists and forums as two
> separate frontends to the same data.
>
> As far as ML noise goes, that's what killfiles and client-side filters
> are for, no? People can (or at least should be able to) configure their
> mailreaders to mute people or topics they want to mute.
>
> --
> Jeremiah Dodds
>
> blog       : http://jdodds.github.com
> github     : https://github.com/jdodds
> freenode   : exhortatory
> twitter    : kaens

this mailing list has only become a mess because people are intent on
voicing the pointless opinions on systemd & it's creator which has
forced the dev to unsubscribe due to the sheer pointlessness of the
noise being created.

To me it is all beginning like the south park scene:
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble

--
Regards
Thomas Rand