[arch-general] Arch-general is becoming a mess !

Thomas Rand tom at tomsbox.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 03:10:46 EDT 2012

On 16 August 2012 08:54, Jeremiah Dodds <jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas Rand <tom at tomsbox.co.uk> writes:
>
>> On 16 August 2012 06:53, Jeremiah Dodds <jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I tend to prefer systems that provide mailing lists and forums as two
>>> separate frontends to the same data.
>>>
>>> As far as ML noise goes, that's what killfiles and client-side filters
>>> are for, no? People can (or at least should be able to) configure their
>>> mailreaders to mute people or topics they want to mute.
>>>

>> this mailing list has only become a mess because people are intent on
>> voicing the pointless opinions on systemd & it's creator which has
>> forced the dev to unsubscribe due to the sheer pointlessness of the
>> noise being created.

>> (repeated "rabble" snipped)
>
> A: No one *forced* the dev to do anything.
oh sorry was that a wrong word choice!!!!!!!(sorry repeated char)
either way the dev has gone else where
> B: If it's noise to you, kill or filter out the threads in your reader.
how about the OP takes his argument to another place considering they
are off topic & here to insight argument. The only on topic part was
that systemd is coming to arch the rest is pointless noise which
itself should have been else where.
> C: Don't complain about the ML being a mess and then paste a paragraph's
>    worth of the same word.
that was an attempt at humour sorry if you did not like it & if you do
not like south park but it is true

If it were my ML i would have deleted it & sent a msg to the op telling him why.
This ML is for general support not a cacophony of opinions on
something which at that point in time had not been decided upon which
has resulted in this ML becoming a mess.

Again sorry if you did not get my light hearted joke from south park
but I thought it kinda summed up the situation.

--
Regards
Thomas Rand