[arch-general] Pacman, adding comments to the packages

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:19:07 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Chris Sakalis <chrissakalis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Karol Blazewicz
> <karol.blazewicz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Joker-jar <jokerjar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello, I propose to add the ability to add comments to the packages in
>>> pacman. For example, sometimes you need to install packages as a optional
>>> or makedepend. I always do it with --as-deps key. Later, when you run
>>> "pacman -Qdt" to see and cleanup orphan packages you can't distinguish
>>> really orphan packages and packages installed via the reasons,
>>> describedabove. In
>>> this case comments to the packages could be very useful. Sorry fo my
>>> english :)
>>
>> You should open a task in the bugtracker if there's no such request already.
>
> Hello,
> just a suggestion. Wouldn't tracking which packages where installed as
> optional dependencies be better? There could be a --as-optdeps option
> for example.

Hi!

That subject will be better handled in a feature request and a
possible discussion on pacman-dev mailing list. I believe there is
something about enhancing the suport for optiona dependencies and
maybe some patches about that. But they didn't go much further. You
should search pacman-dev archives and the bug tracker, of course.

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?