[arch-general] GDM and/or PulseAudio mute my sound

Kyle kyle at gmx.ca
Thu Aug 16 18:46:30 EDT 2012

According to Rodrigo Rivas:
> Have you tried running "alsamixer -D hw" and see if there are any
> muted channels in your hardware?

Master is at 87% normally. Once GDM runs, it zeros out and mutes. Also,
once pulseaudio starts, the Master channel zeros out and mutes.

Also, once I had a similar problem and solved it by simply deleting the
files at ~/.pulse/*.tdb

Unfortunately this is also not working. I even tried deleting the entire
~/.pulse directory with no luck. Thanks for the help.
~Kyle