[arch-general] SystemD poll

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 05:20:47 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Jérôme Bartand <moijerob at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Yesterday I read on Phoronix that Arch devs are planning to switch to
> SystemD, but many users are unhappy with this move. You can see a lot of
> controversy discussion on this list. I have created an online poll to
> determine the will of the community:
> http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=502d2113e4b02c3adb09a939
>
> Please vote and spread!

Isn't it interesting that the vote is currently 81% support for arch
to switch to systemd (even with the misspelling in the poll), and only
19% against!  Looks like at least from the perspective of this poll
(even with only 237 votes in total which just shows the low level of
interest in the poll given that the arch community must be many times
that number of users) that the proposal that the devs made is
overwhelmingly being supported by the community despite all the fuss
that appeared in this mailing list!

--
mike c