[arch-general] Arch Linux and systemd

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 05:31:49 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Myra Nelson <myra.nelson at hughes.net> wrote:
> There has been much ado on the arch-general mailing list about the move to
> systemd. I participated in part of it, but like others finally tired of
> "seeing a dead horse kicked" over and over and over. So much so that the
> last dev who really paid attention to the list said goodbye. Yet the free
> for all continues. I think a comment on Allan's blog post might illustrate

Here are some stats that are quite useful in terms of the number of
users of systemd:

At http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/static/stats/stats.html

Using the "kernel" tab we see that the approximate number of systems
that have their system details logged using Fedora 16 is over 100,000
if you total the entries for x86_64 and the i686 and i686 PAE kernels
most of which are systems using systemd.  Given that so many machines
are currently running systemd it can't be all that bad! This is of
course only for Fedora but machines are also running systemd in other
distributions as well.

Speaks volumes really - and again supports the decision that the devs
have made - with a much larger user base than the straw poll made
available by another poster on this mailing list.

--
mike c