[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Migration to systemd

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 08:25:46 EDT 2012

> Of course, you are free to adopt as late as possible,

We are free to adopt never just with a lower chance of any support. It
may be difficult to keep a thousand packages in check, it should not be
difficult to keep the few each person uses in check and there will
always be other distros without systemd which means it is splitting
not unifying Linux and Unix-like systems in multiple ways.

I run a grsecurity kernel and if I choose I can disable some security
to run pulseaudio and flash, I work around it. I don't like the design
of polkit and have no trust in it or it's author for various reasons
that I won't start flames or spend time discussing. It's now powerless
without any issue for me or my users.

I wouldn't touch Avahi with a barge pole either. People stop
mis-informing the community that systemd is something we have no choice
but to use and better start learning it today.

The powerful message of the Giants which had to be taller in those days
and the code that Linus and others have built Linux upon of freedom
and ***COMPLETE*** control is here to stay. It's a beautiful thing.

Thankyou AT&T and especially it's companions who left us good rules
to follow (some of which are no longer with us), the government at the
time preventing a monopoly and the University of Berkely for re-writing
and creating BSD and going to court, stopping AT&T and anyone else
from ever controlling the code.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)