[arch-general] OT: "Major distributions" (WAS: Re: [arch-dev-public] Migration to systemd)

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 10:11:16 EDT 2012

>  Not because
> it is good software but because the other adequate software that this
> community depends on is going to require it.

Let me know so I'm aware what the software you have in mind is if it
hasn't been mentioned please.

Debian and Ubuntu plus the BSDs make up far more of the user base than
the rest put together and has Redhat switched yet?, so when I think
about it, I find this unlikely. Programs may need compiling to work
with or without systemd which will be annoying as I don't agree with
wasting resources building everything in the Gentoo style, though it
would be handy.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)