[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Migration to systemd

Leon Feng rainofchaos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 20:15:39 EDT 2012

2012/8/17 Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk>:
>> Of course, you are free to adopt as late as possible,
>
> We are free to adopt never just with a lower chance of any support. It
> may be difficult to keep a thousand packages in check, it should not be
> difficult to keep the few each person uses in check and there will
> always be other distros without systemd which means it is splitting
> not unifying Linux and Unix-like systems in multiple ways.

If their are 1000 users, for example.
This is a split: 100 use Arch init script, 200 use Fedora init script,
300 use Debian init script, 400 use Megeia init script
This is a unify: 980 use Systemd and the same service files, 20% Arch
users chose to stay with initscripts.

You can see the clear difference.

Leon