[arch-general] Arch Linux and systemd

Kyle kyle at gmx.ca
Fri Aug 17 22:06:16 EDT 2012

+According to Leon Feng:
> Systemd support shortform service name now. See the wiki page:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd#Using_Units

For now, this only seems to work for starting, stopping and reloading
services. Unfortunately it doesn't yet seem to work for enabling or
disabling them. If I try for example

sudo systemctl enable netcfg at Kyle

or

sudo systemctl disable netcfg at Kyle

I receive the following error:

Failed to issue method call: Invalid argument

If I use the .service suffix, it works as expected.

sudo systemctl start netcfg at Kyle

and

systemctl stop netcfg at Kyle

also work as expected. Maybe it's a bug, but for now, I'll just remember
the .service suffix unless I find out this behaviour is indeed abnormal.
Thanks for the link. The wiki page is well written and helped prevent
some potentially major headaches.
~Kyle