[arch-general] SystemD poll

Anthony ''Ishpeck'' Tedjamulia archlinux at ishpeck.net
Sat Aug 18 14:37:51 EDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 01:52:59PM +0200, R??my Oudompheng wrote:
> I don't understand why you are saying that.

I can't speak for him but I can tell you why I say it.

Parsing a config file is _always_ unnecessary complexity. It
is where some of the biggest bugs lurk.  It hurts the
functional paradigm, hurts the idempotence, harms the
testability of the system, harms the automatability of the
setup and packaging, and is just plain not worth it.

Secondly, the cgroups feature is more harm than good.  It
only nurtures slopy design on daemon developers' parts.

Just my opinion based on my work in the Unix software
indutry.