[arch-general] kdeplasma-applets-networkmanagement: NetworkManager is not running. Please start it.

Martin Zecher mzecher at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 12:55:54 EDT 2012

First of all, I know this has been talked about many times already, but I
still have this problem (since about 3 months now) and haven't found a way
to fix it.
Most of the info is in this thread, but no one seems to be following it so
I decided to ask in mail list:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1147741#p1147741

I use systemd + KDM + KDE
Whenever I login into KDE, the applet says "NetworkManager is not running.
Please start it." Networkmanager is indeed running and connects fine to
previously configured networks. If I logout from KDE, restart
networkmanager daemon in a shell and the relogin into KDE, it works fine.

I am in this groups: adm tty disk lp wheel uucp hal network video audio
optical floppy storage scanner power users lapsus networkmanager adbusers
lpadmin boinc

I also tried with testing's networkmanager 0.9.6.0-1 and
kdeplasma-applets-networkmanagement 1:0.9.0.4-1 without luck.

I would really appreciate some help with this annoyance.

--
Martin

Código de novios Falabella: 585855-00 (gracias!)

No envíen archivos pesados por mail.
Usen DropBox <https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTIwODk0MDk> (2GB + *500MB
bonus*) o SpiderOak<https://spideroak.com/download/referral/dd6b3051b5f1f10a5674d694f22dd3e8>(tras
registrarse vayan a 'buy more space' e ingresen el código
"worldbackupday" --> *8GB*)