[arch-general] Running Spin

Guillaume Brunerie guillaume.brunerie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 12:39:08 EDT 2012

On 2012/8/20 andrea crotti <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was trying again to use spin after a long time, and it doesn't seem
> to work on arch anymore:
>
> [Src6.2.2]$ ./spin ../Samples/p102.pml
> sh: /lib/cpp: No such file or directory
> spin: preprocessing failed
>
> I first installed it from AUR and then compiled it myself, compiling
> doesn't give any problem but running
> anything give the above problem.. Anyone saw that too?

Hello,
Did you try to recompile it?

According to the FHS,
> If a C preprocessor is installed, /lib/cpp must be a reference to it, for historical reasons.
But it seems that ArchLinux got rid of it recently (this file was
present before the /lib -> /usr/lib transition but I do not have it
anymore)

So I guess that the following command would fix the problem
> # ln -s /usr/bin/cpp /lib/cpp

If the problem occurs in the latest version of spin, you should
probably file a bug report to make spin use /usr/bin/cpp instead of
/lib/cpp.

Guillaume