[arch-general] Arch Linux and systemd

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:54:10 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:30 AM, Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Felipe Contreras
> <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Myra Nelson <myra.nelson at hughes.net> wrote:
>>> Even with udev moving into systemd, an individual on the systemd mailing list
>>> has already stated his desire to finally be rid of udev altogether. He considers it an
>>> abomination.
>>
>> Who is this member? It seems I joined late to the party. I also
>> dislike udev, and I think I can replace it with something much, *much*
>> simpler. Similarly with systemd.
>>
>> Just like pacman is something non-standard maintained by Arch Linux
>> developers, perhaps we can replace the udev-systemd abomination with
>> something else, giving people a *choice*.
>
> Not sure why you use 'we' here, considering you've repeatedly
> disparaged the Arch devs and Arch community, saying "you are breaking
> things" and all that rot.

"We", is me and the people that don't like the systemd+udev beast, and
they are a lot.

And what's the point of being belligerent towards me? What could
possibly be the purpose of your comment if not attack me personally.

And no, I didn't disparage anyone.

And no, I didn't say anything like "you are breaking things" at all.
It seems you are simply unable to understand what I am saying.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras