[arch-general] Arch Linux and systemd

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Wed Aug 22 01:14:05 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Myra Nelson <myra.nelson at hughes.net> wrote:
>> Even with udev moving into systemd, an individual on the systemd mailing list
>> has already stated his desire to finally be rid of udev altogether. He considers it an
>> abomination.
>
> Who is this member? It seems I joined late to the party. I also
> dislike udev, and I think I can replace it with something much, *much*
> simpler. Similarly with systemd.
>
> Just like pacman is something non-standard maintained by Arch Linux
> developers, perhaps we can replace the udev-systemd abomination with
> something else, giving people a *choice*.
>
> --
> Felipe Contreras

I've been in the conversation for a while. I just don't bother with
the threads with all the BikeShed on them, that's why I'm the OP. The
reason you have run across my posts is I don't post them to threads
you are in. Way too much noise. As others have stated and I will
reiterate, if you think Arch has so many non-standard packages find a
distro to your liking, or come up with something better. I believe the
proper terminology in my part of the world is "fish or cut bait".

FYI, Lennart does not want to be rid of systemd completely, that was
my error. He wants it completely absorbed into systemd.

So please be polite and don't hijack another thread like you have so
many others.

Myra Nelson