[arch-general] Virtualbox Linux guest performance very slow

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Aug 22 02:57:10 EDT 2012

Hi :)

the host is an Arch Linux 64bit install. I run Windows XP 32bit as
guest, getting a very good, fast performance.

I installed Fedora 17 64bit as guest and the performance is slow, the
mouse cursor is moving in slow motion. Is there anything I can do to get
a better performance?

Regards,
Ralf

PS: I also will install a backup of my Arch Linux as guest and then
switch to systemd for this guest ;) ;) ;) ;) ;). At the moment I got
caught in playing with LVM for the Fedora install, since I never used it
before, but systemd will be the next experiment.