[arch-general] [Bulk] Re: SystemD poll

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 04:51:53 EDT 2012

> > Please, refrain from just flaming. If you want help, ask for it.
> > Otherwise, just shut up.
> >
> +1
-1

If anyone started the flaming it was those ignoring his main arguments
and pointlessly responding. A recurring theme. He may have responded to
those rediculous arguments in annoyance when he shouldn't have and which
is easily done.

Who knows maybe RedHat will use upstart after it has a more reliable
interface added in a years time. It certainly wouldn't fragment the
Linux and Unix communities and efforts so much.

Be aware Felipe that very few developers have made any comment on the
subject publically and the few that have shows devs on both sides of the
argument. Users have supposedly swaded the argument through attrition
but I don't believe this for one second. I don't know how devs thought
that saying arguing against systemd serves us right in getting systemd
would help quieten the list down but anyway. Tom has made his decision
and at the end of the day unless someone takes up his initscript mantle
or switches to another init like openrc and gets the packagers or users
to cooperate then we are stuck maintaining our own startups or
switching.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)