[arch-general] Think twice before moving to systemd

Sebastian Günther arch at teageek.de
Wed Aug 22 17:22:58 EDT 2012

* Felipe Contreras (felipe.contreras at gmail.com) [22.08.12 02:22]:
> Funny that you say "around the same time", when it's clearly less than
> 6 seconds, so it's 15% slower, but that's the second instance of kdm.
> The first instance starts at 2s in 1000 hz, and 4s in 300 hz, so
> there's *clearly* a big difference.

So it's only needs twice the time with only on third of the ticks? Well
that is awesome... Yeah to systemd!

Anyway we are talking about 2 seconds...
compared to time you wasted for a lot of people: It would have been
better you had just saved all the delaying seconds for 100 boots and got
a cup of coffee as normal users do when they boot their computer....

Sebastian

P.S.: sorry for feeding the trolls, but I simply could not resist...

--
 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. "  |   _   ASCII ribbon campaign
                              Karl Marx  |  ( )   against HTML e-mail