[arch-general] Arch Linux and systemd

atilla ontas tarakbumba at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 06:10:12 EDT 2012

I think these discussions will not change the result for Arch. Sooner
or later Arch will have to seperate its way from its KISS philosophy.
While the main approach of Arch is to use vanilla software, as
possible; Arch devs have to follow upstream decisions and at some
point Arch and other distros fall into software those hide things from
end users. I think most of the main upstream software (take systemd,
KDE, GNOME and others) trying to be corporate software. Not all
upstream decisions are good but we have to follow them. My two
cents...