[arch-general] linux-3.5.x status

Geert Hendrickx geert at hendrickx.be
Thu Aug 23 12:29:22 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 16:10:26 +0200, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> 3.5.x is not yet ready to move to [core],
> - ext4 regression is not fixed yet, will be fixed in 3.5.3
> - watchdogs are completely broken
>   I'm not sure how much of a showstopper the watchdogs are, so please
>   shout out if this is a real problem.
> If you have any other showstopper please let me know.

Since upgrading to 3.5.x, my system with mdraid mirror boots with either
a degraded RAID array, or not auto-discovering the RAID at all.

The disks are fine, confirmed by both SMART selftest and badblocks scan.
Downgraded back to 3.4.9 and the problem went away.

Anyone else experienced this?  My setup should be common, with /boot on
/dev/md0 over sda1+sdb1, and the rest on LVM on /dev/md1 over sda2+sdb2.

	Geert

--
geert.hendrickx.be :: geert at hendrickx.be :: PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F