[arch-general] systemd native files in etc

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:41:03 EDT 2012

Op donderdag 23 augustus 2012 16:14:26 schreef Qadri:
> Hi all,
>
> Given all the hullabaloo about systemd I thought I'd try it out. I went to
> the wiki and saw that it has listed several "native systemd configuration
> files" that it looks for, and if they're absent, it takes info from
> rc.conf. It's "strongly advised" (by the wiki) to use the native files.
>
> Is there a package that provides these /etc files, like hostname,
> vconsole.conf, locale.conf? It feels weird creating untracked files in
> /etc. Is there interest in an aur package (e.g. systemd_etc_files) that I
> could make with all the many comments and options that are essentially in
> the rc.conf (or other files)? What package will eventually provide these?
>
> MAQ.

No there is no package providing those files.

why ?

if arch would provide you with defaults every time the defaults get updated
you would get *.pacnew files in your etc. since those files are depending on
your system and are user choice it would not be good to provide those.

so please don't create an AUR package providing those files.

--Ike