[arch-general] secondary dns with zone transfer

szu-han chen sjchen at sjchen.com
Fri Aug 24 09:38:22 EDT 2012

On Aug 24, 2012 8:20 AM, "Menachem Moystoviz" <moystovi at g.jct.ac.il> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Δημήτρης Ζέρβας <01ttouch at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > is there any free secondary dns provider that supports zone transfer?
> > BTW: well, this is kind of off topic as it hasn't to do with arch, but
help
> > is needed... :P
> > thanks in advance!
> >
> > --
> > (\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
> > (0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.
> > (> <) come join the dark side.
> > /_|_\ (we have cookies.)
>
> freedns.afraid.org apparently allows this:
>
> > If you put a domain in afraid.org, you can edit TTL, Minimum,
Allow/Deny AXFR's, and approve/disapprove others from using hosts on your
domain. You can also share > your domain with the users of afraid.org, or
your own web site visitors using our 'webclude' feature

> But I never actually tested it.
>
> Gesh

dns.he.net serves dual stack slave zones for free.

Linode allows slaving and AXFR for its five ns*, but you do need at least
one active service to use it.