[arch-general] Stapler-git not working

Randy gumper1034 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 23:05:01 EDT 2012

On 08/25/2012 10:47 PM, rafael ff1 wrote:
> 2012/8/25 Randy <gumper1034 at gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is anyone here using "stapler-git" from the AUR? I'm trying to use it to
>> combine two pdf files into one and it's not working for me.
>>
>> When using the command "stapler cat 1.pdf 2.pdf output.pdf" it just returns
>> the message "error".
>>
>> Could someone try this to see if it works ok?
>>
>> Thanks
> Tried, but couldm't reproduce your error. Any error message differente
> than 'error'? I suggest contacting the maintainer, in this package's
> comments.
>
> p.s.: fyi, issues related to AUR packages should be sent to
> aur-general, instead of arch-general.
>
> Rafael

Actually I think I just figured it out. If I try the same command on two
other PDFs then it works just fine. I think there's an issue with one of
the PDFs that it's not 100% Adobe pdf compliant. When I try to convert
the same bad file using ghostscript it works but it tells me the following:

**** Warning:  File has an invalid xref entry:  2.  Rebuilding xref table.
    **** Warning: stream operator isn't terminated by valid EOL.
    **** Warning: stream operator isn't terminated by valid EOL.
    **** Warning: stream operator isn't terminated by valid EOL.