[arch-general] SystemD poll

Chris Evans z3r0_k00l75 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 01:17:09 EDT 2012

________________________________
 From: rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com>
To: General Discussion about Arch Linux <arch-general at archlinux.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: [arch-general] SystemD poll

2012/8/27 C Anthony Risinger <anthony at xtfx.me>:
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Felipe Contreras
> <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> A bum on the street might not be a reliable source of information, but
>> he/she might still be saying the truth. Cops wouldn't take their word
>> at face value (or almost anyone for that matter), but if a bum says
>> there was a crime, cops could still investigate to make sure that's
>> the case.
>
> ehm ... and who the !@$# are you?
>
> ... down-trodden and cast to the curb carries no assurance that one is
> a quote-on-quote "bum" -- unfortunate things DO happen to good people
> you know -- and the ravages of mental illness are all too easy to
> dismiss when you're not among the ravaged!
>
> really!? in a past life i'd probably say something to the effect of
> "you sir, are an arrant sack of shite -- a pitifully miserable sore
> spewing an egregious pus of arrogance and obstinance -- a first-class
> jerk-off!" ... well, or some variation ;-) thankfully i reject such
> dead-end language, and prefer to only think it aloud.
>
> now let's review! per your allusions and my history, you've been here
> a whopping 10 days(!) and managed to elicit response from a growing
> list of ... uh ... "friends"? you're presence in other more "visible"
> lists i track fail to echo this recent(?) lack of restraint ... why is
> that?
>
> just quit now guy, while you're only ~1,000 km behind -- i say this
> with little more than your own interests at heart -- communication
> needn't be so difficult.
>
> --
>
> C Anthony

>Dude, it simply doesn't worth it. Troll is troll. Arch-general wasted
>already too much time with this guy.

I really don't get all the hoopla around this subject. Maybe since I'm relatively new here (3 months on arch) it's easier for me, then again maybe not. Everything is running fine for me and although different it's still linux and not hard to get used to new things. The whole reason I decided to move to arch is to get the latest software and the newest toys. With that is an unwritten agreement that things are gonna change, frequently and radically and maybe even not to some peoples liking. I respect the developers decision and if they say that moving to systemd is going to be better for them and for us then I will believe that. At least until I have personal proof that they don't have a clue what they are talking about. The move to systemd was easy and relatively painless. I have literally spent 10 times longer reading this back and forth god-aweful debate than I spent researching and then installing and configuring systemd. TRUTH