[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] merging systemd back to a singular package

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Aug 28 04:05:42 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht at piing.fr> wrote:
> Notice that debian is working on a tool to automagically convert unit
> systemd files into initscripts.
>
>   https://github.com/akhilvij/systemd-to-sysvinit-converter

If that works, it would be great. However, I'm very skeptical. I don't
see how this could possibly work for services of type other than
"forking" (i.e., how to simulate socket/dbus activation). As we hope
that as few services as possible will be using Type=forking, that is a
problem. Having had a brief look through the code/documents I see no
mention of this issue, but maybe I'm missing something obvious...

-t