[arch-general] Arch Linux and systemd

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 06:16:38 EDT 2012

> > So which components (obviously used by the majority of Arch users) do
> > currently have or will soon have hardcoded! dependencies to systemd?
>
> udev.
>
> Upstream, Gnome has considered it.

You know why, because according to heise some of their longterm devs
have left leaving more than half the devs being RedHat employees.

p.s. I have nothing against RedHat, I value they're work, mostly the
work which goes unnoticed. Unfortunately the most prominent of they're
work gets a bad rep or is it more prominent because of the rep?
I think both because it often has a bad user experience and
interaction factor.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)