[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] linux-3.5.x status

pants pants at cs.hmc.edu
Tue Aug 28 13:55:12 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 04:10:26PM +0200, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> If you have any other showstopper please let me know.

I just upgraded my machine to the new kernel this morning, and was
greeted by a kernel panic coming out of the shower.  Unfortunately,
nothing was logged to the disk, so I have nothing to share here, which
probably makes this email near useless.

However, it is worth noting that after forcing the system down and
powering it on again, I was greeted with "MACHINE CHECK ERROR" after the
BIOS splash, followed by a boot cycle which would again stop at this
point.  After turning the machine off again for a while, I powered it on
with no difficulty and was able to boot into arch.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

pants.