[arch-general] systemd pulseaudio

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 04:07:07 EDT 2012

Sorry for this second post, but I forgot [arch-general] in subject

Dear list,

I am able to boot with systemd. For now, I am still using the mixed
systemd installation, until everything is clear.
The only issue is with pulseaudio.
$ journalctl returns
 [pulseaudio] module-equalizer-sink.c: resume state exists but is wrong
size!
I am on XFCE4, and when I start mixer, i have this error:
GStreamer was unable to detect any sound device.Some sound system
specific Gstreamer packages maybe missing. It may also be a permission
problem.
In /var/log/errors, I find these entries:
localhost pulseaudio[29270]: [pulseaudio] module-equalizer-sink.c:
resume state exists but is wrong size!
localhost login: pam_systemd(login:session): Failed to release session:
Connection was disconnected before a reply was received
localhost pulseaudio[2257]: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Stale PID file,
overwriting.
When I start Pulse audio volume control, it is waiting to connect to
pulse audio and give me this error in everything.log:
localhost kernel: [  150.080570] pulseaudio[2257]: segfault at 48 ip
00007fdbd3df404e sp 00007fff3b1e9860 error 4 in
module-equalizer-sink.so[7fdbd3def000+f000]

My music player (ncmpcpp with mpd) is indeed playing music, and I can
control volume with the +/- keys.

Thank you for help. Reply-To: arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Host: Magnolia on Arch Linux