[arch-general] [Bulk] Re: systemd pulseaudio

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Aug 29 08:45:42 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 12:52 +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> > I send the PKGBUILD and the package with a second mail. For good reasons
> > only the PKGBUILD came through the list. I could send the package
> > off-line, but it's more secure to build it yourself using the PKGBUILD.
> > Inside of the directory where the PKGBUILD is run
> > makepkg
> > then as root run
> > pacman -U pulseaudio-dummy-1.0-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
>
> Thanks, this makes it easier to keep javascript demanded by polkit off
> my systems completely ;-) I keep an impotent polkit to prevent any
> potential timeouts.

I prefer sarcasm to flame :), but since my English is broken, I might
miss something between the lines. And don't worry, the OP is willing to
solve the issue, regarding to his needs, it would be his last resort to
install a dummy package.

Regards,
Ralf

PS + OT: If I run gparted, I need to cancel tons of requests, regarding
to mount all unmounted partitions. What kit does cause this?