[arch-general] systemd pulseaudio

Stephen E. Baker baker.stephen.e at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:19:52 EDT 2012

On 29/08/2012 11:04 AM, Arno Gaboury wrote:
> On 29/08/12||11:20, Denis A. Altoé Falqueto wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> YES, this is a bug. I already commented the module in my default.pa, and
>>> now the message has gone.
>>> But pulse audio is still not able to play sound.
>> Have you installed pulseaudio-alsa? It provides a default asound.conf
>> that sets Pulseaudio as the default output. What really intrigues me
>> is that you commented about your aplai -l not showing any info.
>>
> I >>>list-modules but couldn't see in the returning list
> module-alsa-sink.
> Could it explain my issue with aplay returning nothing and pulse unable
> to connect to the sound card?
Yes, I was going to mention that I have an issue on one of my boxes
where I have to specify load-module alsa-module-sink with my sound
device details in /etc/pulse/default.pa or else (in my case) it doesn't
load the right ones.  That happens without systemd though so I guessed
it wasn't related - still if it's having trouble with udev that will help.