[arch-general] [Bulk] Re: systemd pulseaudio

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 11:57:05 EDT 2012

> On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 15:02 +0200, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 12:52:22 +0100
> > Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Don't you need to sign it too? I would
> >
> > ?
>
> Signing a package you build for yourself, knowing that it's a dummy,
> without a source and even if there should be a source, why signing this
> package. Is this an UEFI thingy?
>
> Sarcasm lost in translation ;).

If you would be signing it locally for one system then I see why you
think of sarcasm but otherwise pacman should be configured to stop on a
non-signed package install.

p.s. I wasn't being sarcastic about the JS package, polkit now has
javascript based config files! and as I don't use it I see no point
installing extra code and an attacker familiar package that I won't
use. Conversely there is little point putting any effort into it as
it's not important, so you saved me a cruder quick hack.

Regards,

 Kc

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)