[arch-general] systemd-pulseaudio-no sound card

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Wed Aug 29 13:59:37 EDT 2012

Am Wed, 29 Aug 2012 19:32:54 +0200
schrieb Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com>:

> On 29/08/12||13:20, Sébastien Leblanc wrote:
> > > My issue comes from permission. On console mod, $ aplay -l returns
> > > correctly the devices. When I am on X, it doesn't.
> >
> > Might be a PolicyKit issue. How do you start your X server /
> > desktop manager?
> >
> > -- Sébastien Leblanc
>
> Maybe. I startx with :
>
> exec startxfce4 --with-ck-launch.

Try only:
exec startxfce4

When I start Xfce with

exec ck-launch-session startxfce4

I get some issues with permissions, too. The action buttons don't work
and I only can logout but not halt or reboot (both grayed out) when I
use ck-launch-session. Without it I have absolutely no problems. I don't
know if this could affect your issue, too.

I'd recommend not using PA anyway.

Heiko