[arch-general] systemd pulseaudio

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 14:08:48 EDT 2012

On 29/08/12||19:32, Tom Gundersen wrote:
>    On Aug 29, 2012 6:47 PM, "Arno Gaboury" <[1]arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com>
>    wrote:
>    >
>    > On 29/08/12||18:18, Thomas Bächler wrote:
>    > > Am 29.08.2012 18:05, schrieb Arno Gaboury:
>    > > > GGrrhhh
>    > > > $ alsactl store
>    > > > alsactl: save_state:1580: No soundcards found...
>    > >
>    > > Alsa problem? Permission problem? Have a look at /dev/snd/. Also
>    note
>    > > that permissions change when you change the session (for example,
>    switch
>    > > from X to a terminal).
>    > >
>    > >
>    >
>    > OK, now i am progressing.
>    > On console, $ aplay -l lists correctly all the devices
>    > On X, it doesn't found the soundcard.
>    > So you are right, it is a permission issue. How can I solve it now?
>    >
>    > Thank you for your help.
>    >

>    How do you start X? If you don't use a DM, have a look at Dave's last
>    blog post on the planet.
>
>    -t

WWWOOOUUUAAHHHH. You saved my day.
Almost one full day to solve this issue.
I added the .xserverrc in my home directory, and bingo, pulse audio is
Ok and $ aplay -l returns the devices.
I removed ck-launch-session from .xinitrc too.

Honestly, I couldn't find the trick alone. Almost impossible to me.

Thank you very much for your attention. I am now a happy archer booting
with systemd.

One full day to solve one issue...I love systemd !

Good luck to all the other newbies when setting systemd. I am a 6 months
old Arch user, and very new to Linux. I usually find the solution, but
this time, systemd kept me in check.