[arch-general] systemd, locales and gvim

Rodrigo Rivas rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 05:07:18 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 1:03 AM, Matthias Traunsberger <
mtraunsberger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have succesfully migrated to systemd on my desktop-pc and laptop. I'm
> using German locale, and it's working quite well everywhere in X and in
> those virtual terminals (Alt+F*), but there is an issue with my laptop
> that really bugs me. I can't see underscores "_" in gvim. vim isn't
> affected. My .vimrc is identical on both boxes and doesn't contain any
> font or locale related settings.

I'd say that it is not related to systemd or locales. Gvim is a graphical
(Gtk) application, so it should not be affected by these settings, at least
not in this way.

I'd guess it is a problem with the GUI font: the underscores fall below the
character cell and are clipped away.
Could you try changing the GUI font? You can do it with ":set guifont=*" to
choose interactively.

Regards.
--
Rodrigo